Thursday, October 6, 2011

A New Space in the Garden

I've had to take a few plants out of the garden that were not producing.  In fact, they didn't even look like they were going to make it much longer.  I'm very disappointed and sad to see them go.  However, I'm looking forward to adding a few seedlings that are ready to be transplanted.
I've started clearing away old mulch and pulling weeds.  The area is about 2 and a half feet wide and about 6 feet long.  It doesn't look like much now but I'll post pictures again once I complete this project.

While I was working in the garden this morning I found a hideous creature!!  The dreaded tomato hornworm.  The picture below doesn't even do this monster justice.  It was almost 2 inches long and it was a fat little guy!!!!
The next seedling to go into the side-yard project are 2 more Cal Wonder Peppers, 2 Jalapeno Peppers and a Hungarian Heart Tomato.  
These were almost cat food!
The Little Gem Lettuce and the Pak Choi are doing marvelous!  I have them in containers on the front porch.

Happy planting!!!

No comments: