Sunday, February 12, 2012

Detox Day 3

I've been busy lately preparing the fridge and kitchen for our detox.  My husband and I started the Standard Process Purification program on Friday.  I'll admit, it's not fun or easy.  There are no super exciting recipes for detoxification.  However, I did find a great recipe for salad dressing that I continue to make year-round. 

Standard Process is a supplement company we offer in our Chiropractic office and they can only be purchased through healthcare professionals.  You won't see them at walgreens or cvs.  The products are high quality, whole-food supplements.  You can even tour their farms in Wisconsin if you wish to see the operation.

During the 21-day Purification Program we eat unlimited fruits and vegetables (having an organic garden has come in handy) and 2-3 nutritional/protein shakes per day.  We have eliminated dairy, nuts, meats and processed or canned foods.  At day 11 we add limited amounts of lean meat and wild rice or lentils.

This is not the first time I have used this program and will not be the last.  I have enjoyed amazing results each time I have embarked on this journey.  This is not a crash diet nor is it a fad.  I do not starve myself, nor am I eating pre-prepared sodium and chemical laden meals or drink only shakes or silly lemonade concoctions.  This is a serious program offered to serious people interested in a life changing experience.  The weight loss is a bonus!

For now, I'm off to the Farmer's Market for more nutrients!

No comments: