Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Garden Update

We had another crazy weekend.  Neither my hubby or I are sports fans so the craziness I refer to was the Nutrition seminar we attended Saturday and Sunday and the seed planting I was able to squeeze in between it all.  Condensed version of the seminar was teaching patients about the value of nutrition in food...then adding whole-food (not synthetic) supplements when necessary.

The 72 cell seed starter greenhouse I purchased last week was money well spent.  Still, I had a tough time deciding what I wanted to grow.  I could grow 6 varieties (12 each) or 12 varieties (6 each) or many more varieties which require more detailed labeling.  I couldn't decide so I made it up as I went along.

Planted 2/3/12  and  2/4/12:
Extra Dwarf Pak Choy (6)
Little Gem Lettuce (6)
Danvers Half-Long Carrots (12)
Atomic Red Carrots (6)
French Breakfast Radish (6)
Feverfew (6)
Dark Opal (3) and Green Verde Basil (3) 
I know I planted these 2 weeks ago but I want to grow a few to give as gifts.  Stay tuned for a Dark Opal Basil recipe!

Marigolds, Bachelor Buttons, Zinnia and Cosmos. 
left side
The left side was planted Friday so it those seeds have a head-start. 
right side
I managed to harvest a few veggies from the garden to make a lovely salad this weekend.

German Giant Radish (medium size)

Happy Planting!

No comments: