Monday, February 17, 2014

Dept of Defense: You're an "Extremist" if you Grow Your Own Food

The time to sit idle is history.  Do you grow your own food?  Do you believe in making the world a better place for you and your family?  Do you have strong religious beliefs?  If you answered yes to any of these questions, the US Department of Defense considers YOU and "Extremist."
This is me!  They call me an "extremist" but I prefer Rebel Gardener!
From documents obtained from the DoD:  

A statement that “Nowadays, instead of dressing in sheets or publically espousing hate messages, many extremists will talk of individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place.” 

Under types of extremists:
 f. Eco-Warriors
– Environmental activist’s who take action to fight against the exploitation of the environment and/or animals. An eco-warrior can be someone non-confrontational, such as a tree-sitter, or someone who engages in direct action.

Under the section, "Extremist Ideologies," the manual states, "In U.S. history, there are many examples of extremist ideologies and movements. The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule and the Confederate states who sought to secede from the Northern states are just two examples." 

If I read that correctly, they are saying that THE FOUNDING FATHERS OF AMERICA were extremist or terrorists!

Has our current government completely forgotten about the VICTORY GARDEN movement?  
What's a Victory Garden? From Wikipedia, "Victory gardens, also called war gardens or food gardens for defense, were vegetable, fruit and herb gardens planted at private residences and public parks in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Germany[1] during World War I and World War II to reduce the pressure on the public food supply brought on by the war effort. In addition to indirectly aiding the war effort these gardens were also considered a civil "morale booster" — in that gardeners could feel empowered by their contribution of labor and rewarded by the produce grown. 




From Judicial Watch, “The Obama administration has a nasty habit of equating basic conservative values with terrorism. And now, in a document full of claptrap, its Defense Department suggests that the Founding Fathers, and many conservative Americans, would not be welcome in today’s military,” long-serving JW president Tom Fitton said.


This isn't the first time the federal government, one of its agencies or some other "official" source has equated freedom-loving Americans who have an originalist view of the Constitution and its meaning with extremists.

Call me what you want.  I have fresh Eggplant and heirloom Tomatoes!!!
In light of this information I am taking a stand and I invite YOU to do the same.  Today of all days is the PERFECT day...It's President's Day! 

Seedlings in Coconut Pellets and plastic cups!
Today I will:
-SHARE this information on every social media outlet and with friends and family.

-I am going to out to my garden to plant more veggies.

-I am going to include FREE seeds with every purchase from Mary's Heirloom Seeds

-Start a trend on Twitter #growyourown

I would love to hear from YOU about what we can all do to get more involved.  If you write a post about this very topic I will also share your link everywhere.  Just leave your link in the comments.

5 comments:

M.E. Masterson said...

Hi Mary,

The Gov't has gotten ridiculous in their thinking!!! I am starting my seeds indoors today and am really excited to see them grow....
Our garden this year is a new start as we just moved to this land over the winter and are looking forward to planting our 60 x70 garden/orchard.
On another note...Can I borrow the pics for my blog I really like these....?? Thank you Mary

Becca said...

I remember reading about victory gardens in an American Girl book when I was a kid. SAD how the government wants to interfere in EVERY little area of our lives. Nuts.

Kim said...

Yup I'm an extremist then.

Strange how I don't feel bad about it either ;)

Unknown said...

The government call me as an extremist? It the other way around that the government doesn't see themselves as tyranny.

I'm working on my way to get into garden soon. I just need get my butt off the chair into the mixture of minerals, organic matter, liquids and a myriad of organisms that can support plant life that call Soil.

brainchasm said...

I made an EXTREMEly good pepper jam two days ago out of the Hungarian Black and California Wonder peppers in my garden...guess I should be stopped!

WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!