Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Using Coconut Coir Pellets for Seed Starting

These little pellets are AMAZING!!!
Check out MY results using Coconut Coir pellets.

Step 1: Take out your Coconut Coir Pellets.  I like to use a large tray

Step 2: Add water to tray and Coconut Coir Pellets.  Using warm water might help them "grow" faster.

 Step 3: Add seeds to the hole and gently cover or "squish" coconut coir.

Step 4: Place in a warm sunny place and keep moist.  This is where the real growing happens!

 Below are my PEPPERS growing!  Once the roots start to stick out of the pellet it is time to transplant.  I chose to transplant into a container for now while I care for these peppers.  While they continue to grow I will prepare my garden bed.

About Coconut Coir Pellets: The very best pellet for seed starting!
Add water, and the Coconut Pellets quickly swell to become a perfect self contained pot with its own perfect medium for starting seeds. Seeds are nurtured within the pellet to germinate faster into young seedlings. Roots emerge easily through the porous walls of the pellet as a result of the enhanced air circulation created by the unique design and characteristics.

The Coconut Coir Pellet - complete with the started plant inside - goes directly into the ground. As a result, no transplant shock occurs, and the plant has full vigor to mature faster. All the young, tender roots remain totally intact.   NEW Coconut Coir Pellets are more eco-friendly!

Here's a video we created for youtube.!




There you have it!  Check out Mary's Heirloom Seeds for more information!


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marys-Heirloom-Seeds/229833070442449

Sign up for our E-Newsletter



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for stopping by The WeekendSocial Link Party over at Kitchen Dreaming. Hope to see you next time!
Dina@KitchenDreaming

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

I just love those pellets (well, this is the first time I've heard about Coconut Coir Pellets) but as a child my dad always used the peat pellets & I spent hours just watching them grow as my dad added water to them. Thanks for linking this wonderful post up to my “Themed Blog & Shop Hop!” http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2014/05/themed-blog-shop-hop-colorful-gardens.html
Angie

Unknown said...

Never heard of those how cool Thanks so much for sharing at Cook it! Craft it! Share it!

Kathi said...

Mary, I've enjoyed learning about coconut coir pellets. I've used peat pellets but this is such a better option. (By the way, my tomatoes are growing well - great seeds!)
Thank you for sharing this at the HomeAcre Hop; I hope you'll share with us again this Thursday.
Kathi at Oak Hill Homestead

Unknown said...

Hi Mary,
What a smart, convenient and ecofriendly way to start seeds! I love this method! Thank you for enlightening us on the benefits of using coconut coir pellets for seed starting at the at the Plant-Based Potluck Party Blog Hop! We appreciate it.

Unknown said...

Never knew we could buy coconut cir pellet environment - conscious consumers. Sure looks like they are working well. Great seedlings!